It’s another scorcher in So. Cal., and thought I’d share some cool down ideas when training in the heat.
- Keep lotions and toners in the refrigerator to use on hot, tired feet.
- Fill your water bottle with ice or freeze a bottle with your favorite energy drink and grab it before you swim, bike, or run.
- After a hot run, soak your feet in an ice bath. Better yet, have your lover rub you down with ice. Imagine the laughter.
- Workout in a cool gym; I love the treadmill on a hot, humid day.
- Workout early before the heat rises or after the sun goes down.
- Spend less time in the heat with short intense workout. Save 100 mile rides for cooler temperatures.
- Hydrate early, often, and balance your electrolytes. In fact, set your alarm to ping every 15 minutes, reminding you to drink. Recovery is harder with a poorly hydrated body.
- Wear loose fitted, cotton clothes.
Always tri. Never stop.
Featured image: Dancing Enthusiast